The coronavirus pandemic has thrown our world into turmoil, causing untold suffering and tragic deaths. But even amid the devastation, God is moving in the hearts of many to draw people to himself and build his Church. Let’s pray:
- for God’s love to be the foundation of our hope;
- for God’s mercy in stopping the spread of this virus;
- for God’s healing of those who are sick throughout the world;
- for God’s strength for medical personnel serving tirelessly;
- for God’s insight to be given to researchers seeking solutions;
- for God’s wisdom to guide civic leaders and health officials;
- for God’s peace to guard us from fear or anxiety;
- for God’s provision for those whose livelihoods and income have been affected by this crisis;
- for God’s creativity to make us agents of love and compassion; and
- for God’s Spirit to draw people to the saving power of Jesus.
May we know the Lord’s comfort and strength in our prayer: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:6–7).
If you’ve never put your hope and trust in God, and you want to know more, please read through “The Good News”.